Running Clubs and Groups – What to Expect
You may want to come with your running club or with a group of friends who are all into running either way we can put a package together for you which should more than meet your needs.
We have some fantastic accommodation options to suit most budgets. These include:
- One of the Lodges on the Balmoral Castle Estate where Queen Victoria and Prince Albert used to spend the occasional weekend away from the Castle! Superb location hard to improve on it! Sleeps 12.
- Balmoral Castle Estate staff accommodation building. Often used as the base for our
- Training Weekends. Wonderful place and excellent food. Sleeps 26
- The School House, Ballater boutique style hostel with really well furnished 3 bunk bed dorms each with its own fabulous en-suite shower. Sleeps 12+
What goes into the package is really up to you duration, accommodation, number & length of guided runs, talks with the experts, etc. However, for example purposes we had a group here from JogScotland Mid Argyll who had a package which included:
- Full board accommodation at The School House
- 2 guided runs on scenic off road trails
- Session on “Stretching and core stability for runners as designed and advocated by Gerard Hartmann, Physical Therapist to Paula Radcliffe, Dame Kelly Holmes, Sonia O’Sullivan and Haile Gebreselassie.
- The above example package costs £135pp (min. 6 sharing)
The JogScotland group had a really great weekend away as you can see from their comments:
"....Thank you, you all looked after us so well. ...Great weekend away! Many thanks to you. ....Thanks for a truly memorable weekend! It was awesome!....Really enjoyed the weekend and running with your guidance. ....Very many thanks for a superb weekend thoroughly enjoyed it. ....Just to say thank you for a great weekend. You made us all feel very welcome. Many thanks." Hazel, Rosemary, Simone, Liz, June & Audrey, Argyll