Thursday 3rd - Sunday 6th October 2019
Your full board package includes:
- 3 nights dinner, bed and breakfast in Douneside House, the AA Scotland Hotel of the Year, 2017-18.
- For runners: 3 guided runs on superb off road trails in the beautiful Highlands in groups according to ability. The runs will all be in different places so that you will get to see quite a lot of the overall area.
- For walkers: 3 guided walks also on wonderful trails in the Highlands and also for the same sort of times & places as the runs.
- A one hour Pilates session.
- Full use of the Douneside Hotel's health club including pool, sauna, steam room, gymnasium, etc
- Transport to/from running/walking routes; all of which are within 30 minutes of Douneside House.
Douneside Country House Hotel is located about 30 miles west of Aberdeen on the edge of the Cairngorms National Park. The area is renowned for its castle and whisky trails and especially for its stunning scenery. Also, the Queen's Balmoral Castle is about 12 miles up the road. The hotel has a number of rooms within the hotel building itself and there are also several superbly refurbished cottages in the hotel's grounds; offering additional accommodation options. Douneside's award winning restauarant is renowned for its excellent cuisine and so you will be able to combine a healthy running/walking weekend with some wonderful food! The Health Club offers an excellent range of facilities. These include a 12.5 metre swimming pool, sauna and steam room, state-of-the-art gymnasium, games room and all-weather tennis court. There is also a super wee 9 hole golf course (pay and play) in the village a mile down the road!
£485pp based on 2 sharing. Single supp. = £100pp. Please note that the single supplement is applicable if you are booking for one person only. However, should you wish to share and we are able to find someone else for you to share with then the supplement will be removed. If we are unable to source someone for you to share with then the single supplement applies.
A non-refundable deposit of £200pp is required to confirm a booking and the balance is then payable 10 weeks prior to the Weekend.
Once the balance has been paid it is not refundable. However, if you have to cancel, please inform us in writing and 95% of monies paid will be refunded if we are able to fill your place with a ‘reserve listed’ guest (5% being retained to cover administration expenses).
RTH has an insurance policy which covers public liability but it does not cover baggage damage, loss, theft, holiday cancellation, etc and so we would recommend you to take out your own cover for these types of event.
In the very unlikely event that we cancel, we will offer a full refund or alternative holiday.
In addition to the full accommodation package you may wish to book a sports massage (or just a normal relaxing massage!). You may also need transfers between Aberdeen Airport or Aberdeen train station and Douneside. So optional extras are:
- Half hour massage session = £35pp
- Transfers = £30pp total return