Running Trails - Variety and Interest
We have an amazing variety of on and off road routes available for running.
In a similar way to the ski slopes, our colour coding system signifies the level of difficulty of the run:
- Green : a relatively easy, short (3 - 5 miles) run
- Blue : a longer (5 - 6 miles), slightly more hilly run
- Red : a run of about 6 - 10 miles on hilly terrain
- Black : a long and generally hilly run (10+ miles)
- Diamond Black : a classic, long distance highlands run
On the Baudy Meg trail you're rewarded with a fabulous view of Morven ("Big Hill"). Baudy Meg is a fabulous, 11.5 mile black run. Loch Muick at the foot of Lochnagar is one of the highest mountains (1,155 metres) in the UK.
During the snow earlier in the year, the trails took on a whole new feel..! Can't beat it! Our extensive list of runs and trails include:
- MacBeth's Loop (Green)
- The Craigievar Castle Run (Red)
- Glen Tanar Loop (Red)
- Baudy Meg (Black)
- The Killer Hills (Diamond Black).